Hosted on July 29, 2020, this webinar was hosted by Reema Sharma, Manager of Outreach and Community Education, Womankind; and Shan Huang, Associate Director of Residential Programs, Womankind. This recording was edited for publication.
Following on Switchboard’s recent introductory webinar, this training focuses on the specifics of safety planning. It will emphasize the importance of creating individualized understandings of how to maintain safety when working with refugee and immigrant clients. This webinar is aimed at front-line and management staff of organizations working with refugee and immigrant populations whose scope of practice includes GBV safety planning with survivors. It is especially relevant for case management staff, including intensive case management caseworkers and case managers.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Define safety planning as it relates to survivors of gender-based violence;
- Describe the different components of safety; and
- Create individualized safety plans with clients.
Topic(s): Case Management, Children/Youth and Family Services, Health, Mental Health and Wellness
Subtopic(s): Domestic Violence
Resource Type: Archived Webinar
Date: July 28, 2020
Target Audience(s): Service Provider
You may also like...
- Fundamentals of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) for Refugee Service Providers: The What, Why, and How of Safety Planning
- Fundamentals of Gender-Based Violence for Refugee Service Providers: What Does a Culturally Responsive Approach Mean?
- Fundamentals of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) for Refugee Service Providers: What Does a Culturally Responsive Approach Mean?