Hosted on July 21, 2020, this virtual panel discussion included Tracy Reines, Regional Director, Atlantic/Central Region, IRC; Sarah Peterson, Washington State Refugee Coordinator and Chief of Office, Refugee and Immigrant Assistance; Emily Jentes, Team Lead for the Domestic Program with the Immigrant, Refugee, and Migrant Health Branch, CDC; Michael Kacka, Medical Consultant and South Carolina State Refugee Health Coordinator; and Kim Skrobarcek, Medical Officer, CDC.
As refugee service providers across the U.S. begin to reopen their doors, countless questions have emerged about how to go about the reopening process. While each provider’s location and context is different, we have an opportunity to learn from each other about what is working well and what potential hurdles to anticipate. Join us for an engaging virtual panel discussion featuring voices from across the refugee resettlement network, including federal partners.
By the end of this 60-minute conversation, you will be able to name at least one promising practice or useful resource to inform the development or implementation of your reopening strategy.
More COVID-19 Resources:
- CDC, Communication Toolkit For Migrants, Refugees, and Other Limited-English-Proficient Populations: https://bit.ly/3hktYuJ
- Switchboard Blog Post: A Round-Up of Multilingual Resources on COVID-19: https://bit.ly/3hj6W7n
- CDC, COVID-19 in Newly Resettled Refugee Populations: https://bit.ly/3eLfClr
- CORE, Refugee Resettlement during COVID-19 FAQ: https://bit.ly/32EEI2W
Navigate this webinar with the timestamps listed below:
Topic(s): Health, Organizational Development
Resource Type: Archived Webinar
Date: July 20, 2020
Target Audience(s): Service Provider
You may also like...
- Cultural Competence in Refugee Service Settings: Guidance for Service Providers Based on a Scoping Review of the Literature
- Fundamentals of Gender-Based Violence for Refugee Service Providers: What Does a Culturally Responsive Approach Mean?
- Refugee Training and Orientation: A Guide and Workbook for Service Providers