Why should we integrate gender into our M&E systems, and how can we get started? Priya Alvarez, Evaluation Specialist at UN Women, joined META for this podcast, released on International Women’s Day 2018! Listen now to find out why it’s important to put in place gender-integrated M&E systems and to learn concrete steps for integrating gender in project design, indicator development, data collection, data analysis, and more.
- UN Resources:
- UN Evaluation Group handbook: Integrating Human Rights and Gender in Evaluation
- UN Women Handbook: How to Manage Gender-Responsive Evaluation
- The evaluation unit of UN Women’s Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office has developed a series of 10 evaluation knowledge management products that draw on lessons learned and evidence accumulated from 19 evaluations in the region. These include measuring sustainable development in Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) programs and capacity development in Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW) programs.
- UN Women’s online magazine TRANSFORM seeks to make available good practices and lessons learned surrounding gender-responsive evaluation.
- MEASURE Evaluation’s Guidelines for Integrating Gender into an M&E Framework and System Assessment
- AWID’s Capturing Change in Women’s Reality, a critical overview of current monitoring and evaluation frameworks and practices
- Care USA’s Measuring Gender Transformative Change
- Care’s Pathway Program Common Gender Indicator Framework
Topic(s): Monitoring and Evaluation
Subtopic(s): Data Analysis, Data Collection, Evaluation and Research, Project Design and M&E Planning
Resource Type: Podcast
Date: March 8, 2018
Target Audience(s): Service Provider