Note: All 2020 Census Field operations are being paused until April 1, 2020 (in person visits enumeration, service-based enumeration will be pushed back, and others). For more information, please see this statement from the Census Bureau on March 18, 2020.
This postcard, originally developed by the International Rescue Committee, is designed to educate clients about the 2020 Census. It includes brief information on what the Census is, why it is important, what clients can expect, and what clients will be asked to do.
This postcard can be printed and mailed to clients as part of Census outreach and education, or printed and handed out in the course of cultural orientation, immigration services, etc. It is provided in 11 languages as a fillable .PDF file, with spaces to insert your organization’s logo, name, and contact information. For additional outreach materials, see the 2020 Census Flyer, also developed by the IRC and available in the Switchboard Resource Library.
Instructions for Editing .PDF Files
To edit images:
- Click on the placeholder icon in center of the blank image (center right or center left within the file).
- On the window that comes up, click “Browse” and find your logo file (.JPEG or .PNG).
- Hit “Select” and then “Ok” to insert image into document.
- The logo will insert in both image locations automatically.
- The logo can be changed by clicking on inserted logo and selecting another image in the same manner.
To edit text:
- To edit text, click on the “Organization Name” or “Click and type your contact information here” sections.
- Highlight the placeholder text and delete it.
- Type in your correct organization name and contact information.
- You can also type in the mailing address, or leave blank and handwrite after printing.
To save and print:
- Click File > Save As.
- Type in a new name for your customized file and click “Save”.
- Print in 4×6 inch format at a local printer or using an online printing service.
Topic(s): Community Engagement
Resource Type: Tool or Template
Date: February 20, 2020
Language(s): Arabic, Burmese, Dari, English, Farsi, French, Kinyarwanda, Nepali, Pashto, Spanish, Swahili
Target Audience(s): General Public, ORR-Eligible Population