Created by Higher Employment Services Technical Assistance (Higher)
This course provides an introduction to conducting an employability assessment with clients.
This 30-minute course contains three sections. After completing Module 1, you will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose and context of an employability assessment;
- Identify barriers to employment presented by each refugee employment client; and
- Use at least two new techniques in your own refugee employability assessments.
After completing Module 2, you will be able to:
- Understand the six categories of information that service providers should gather when conducting employability assessments; and
- Apply knowledge from example case studies to improve your employability assessment skills.
After completing Module 3, you will be able to:
- Begin to establish trust with clients;
- Understand techniques to use when new to employment services;
- Use observation effectively;
- Effectively communicate with others; and
- Begin moving beyond the employability assessment.